View PDF File
548 S.E. 14th Street, Bartlesville, OK 74003
1952 Spinel Link, #6, Fayetteville, AR 72701
Summary of Qualifications
Background in information technology management, corporate product
development, and teaching. Created school IT infrastructure and systems
that support core business processes, provide enhanced communication
within the school community, and foster emerging technologies for 21st
century teaching and learning. Implemented 1:1 program, worked with
teachers and students to integrate technology, and collaborated with
school libraries to complement academic technology.
Doctor of Education
Master of Arts
Mathematics (K-12) and Elementary Education
The College of New Jersey
Master of Science
Utah State University
Bachelor of Science
Oklahoma State University
Administration and Management
Graded - The American School of São Paulo 2006-2011
Director of Information and Communication Technology
- Implemented Middle School 1:1 Program, from proposal to pilot in
eleven school weeks.
- Implemented network-based Measure of Academic
Progress (MAP) testing.
- Created and led school-wide committees to
develop internal communications guidelines, website, and student
information system guidelines.
- Proposed and successfully implemented
projects to replace website, student information systems (consolidating
ten databases to one), and online courseware system.
- Revamped ICT
infrastructure for higher speed, more connection density, better
security, including school-wide wireless, VOIP telephone system, 24/7
power for all ICT infrastructure, and multiple internet connections and
migration of network from Novell e-Directory to Microsoft Active
- Migrated services to the cloud and external hosts to
improve service and reliability.
- Conducted teacher professional
development workshops for technology integration and supported Academic
Technology Coordinators in their work.
- Led effort to move from
library/technology view to information and collaboration literacy view
of curricular integration.
- Proposed and managed annual ICT and library
budgets in excess of $2,000,000.
- Revamped ICT inventory tracking and
created client-centered help desk.
- Revamped ICT planning and
purchasing including classroom teachers for more transparency.
Association of American Schools in South America (AASSA)
South America Region World Virtual Schools Coordinator
The World Virtual Schools (WVS) is sponsored by the South America Region Coordinator for U.S. Department of State Office of Overseas Schools (OOS). The
WVS project is intended to provide member schools continuity of teaching and learning in the event school facilities are unavailable or students must
- Managed consortium and operated infrastructure of first incarnation of regional project in 2006.
- Represented AASSA at annual OOS meetings and helped guide WVS project to provide value to schools beyond continuity of service.
- Launched revamped project in 2011 with member schools in Brazil, Paraguay and Ecuador.
Schlumberger Technology Corporation
Engineering Project Manger
- Led engineering development projects (hardware and software) in U.S. and Japan to develop downhole electro-hydraulic tools, electro-optic
sensors and high pressure oilfield pumps.
- Actively sought and implemented recently developed and emerging product development methodologies as well as introduced them to others.
- Recruited engineers (M.S. and Ph.D.) from MIT and Purdue and was the Purdue recruiting team captain for Schlumberger.
- Initial positions with Schlumberger included manufacturing engineer and field engineer.
Technology Integration and Teaching
Taipei American School
Upper School IT Coordinator and TAS Webmaster
- Worked with teachers and students in the classroom to integrate
technology in teaching and learning.
- Created and led professional
development workshops on technology integration.
- Started collaborative
web sites and wikis with teachers and students.
- Implemented digital
audio, with an immediate increase in the amount of audio being used in
- Collaborated with journalism classes to implement
online version of student newspaper.
- Managed the technology
implementation of the IB Electronic Assessment Trial.
- Developed and
programmed a database-driven web-based reservation and checkout system
for the AV department, completely revamping their procedures.
a web-based Instrument Exchange site for parents of TAS music students
to exchange musical instruments.
- Implemented and expanded new website.
The American School in Japan
MS Technology and Math Teacher and MS Webmaster
- Proposed, developed, and taught technology (IT Explorations, Exploring Programming, and Multimedia Skills) and hands-on (Invent & Engineer)
courses. IT Explorations superseded Exploring Programming and Multimedia Skills.
- Advisor for students who created a finalist entry for U.S. Department of State 2003 Doors to Diplomacy contest.
- Pioneered collaborative web sites and multi-user virtual environments with students to extend their learning.
- Programmed and implemented web-based method for student reflection and teacher feedback.
- Led cross-grade level mathematics projects with fourth grade class.
- Increased number of teachers with web presence from three to most teachers in the middle school.
- Completely revamped and rebuilt Middle School website.
- Substitute teacher 1996-1998.
Highlights of Committees and Sponsorships
Sophomore project advisor (Graded)
- Website Committee and Communications Committee (Graded)
- 1:1 Implementation Committee 1:1 Steering Committee, and HS 1:1 Task Force (Graded)
- AERA Action Research SIG Communications Officer
- WASC (Visiting Accreditation Team-Kaohsiung American School (TAS) and Action Coordination Team (ASIJ))
- Chairperson for FASST, an administration and staff collaborative effort for resolving various issues, including personnel and benefits (ASIJ)
- Member of Crisis Response Team (TAS)
- IT Coordinating Committee (TAS)
- Electronic Communications officer for Phi Delta Kappa Taiwan Chapter (TAS)
- Gavel Toastmasters student club sponsor and chaperone for school-sponsored activities (TAS)
- Chaperone for local and international extended campus trips (ASIJ and TAS)
This site best viewed with browsers released in 2001 or
Original Content ©2001-2008 by Derrel Fincher, Other rights reserved by individual authors
Do you have suggestions, questions, or comments about
anything you see here? Contact me.