We have reached the end of the quarter and it's now time for you to review
your projects, your Tri-Class Reflections, and your thoughts, then write a
summary, with linked evidence, of your learning. You also need to propose a
quarter grade and an effort grade. Remember, your progress from where you
started at the beginning of the quarter is more important than how much you now
know. However, the primary means I have of knowing what you have learned is by
what you tell me and what you show me.
In your summary, please link to significant work and tell me why it is
significant. As you justify your grade, please use the following guidelines:
A – Meeting the criteria generally indicates much learning.
- Took full advantage of the learning opportunities offered.
- Selected a personally interesting project.
- Continuously tried to expand the boundaries of personal knowledge.
- Made use of the resources in websites and help files to find information
- Worked with others to both learn from them and help them with their
- Reflected thoughtfully on the learning as it took place. (Tri-Class
reflections were timely and reflective.)
- Participated fully in any additional assignments.
- Linked evidence supports and enhances summary.
- Ties learning and activities to several student learning outcomes.
B – Meeting these generally indicates moderate learning
- Took some advantage of the learning opportunities offered.
- Occasionally helped others or asked them for help.
- Chose a project for enjoyment.
- Often tried to expand the boundaries of personal knowledge.
- Links evidence but does not refer to it in summary.
- Ties learning and activities to only one student learning outcome.
C – Not exceeding the criteria generally indicates little learning
- Took little advantage of the learning opportunities offered.
- Worked alone.
- Did not choose a project that was enjoyable.
- Seldom tried to expand the boundaries of personal knowledge.
- Linked evidence
Create a Tri-Class reflection today and use the following titles in it:
Summarize your project (or projects) here.
Specific Skills I Have Learned:
Make a list of all of the things about your program you have learned. For
example, if you are working in LOGO, you might list commands you have learned,
or if you are working in Flash, make a list of the Flash commands you know.
Learning Self-Assessment and Reasons:
In this section you will address each of the bullet points for your chosen
grade. Link to the evidence! If you write less than three paragraphs,
you have not adequately explained your reasons. Try to justify an "A" first.
What I could have improved on:
Even if you feel you can support an A, think about how you might have
improved if you were to do this again. What blind alleys did you follow? What
warning signs were present but that you didn't pick up.
Quarter Grade and Effort:
Put the letter grade here. Use + and - if you feel caught
between two points.
Put the letter effort here. Your choices are G (good), S (satisfactory), or
U (unsatisfactory) and write a paragraph supporting your choice. Note: . Plus
or minus on the letter effort is not supported by our report card system.
Please bold-face the titles by using the <b></b> tags. For linking to your
CoWeb pages, please use the <a></a> tags. You may cut and paste the following to
make it a little easier:
<b>Specific Skills I have Learned:</b>
<b>Learning Self-Assessment and Reasons:</b>
<b>What I could have improved on:</b>
<b>Quarter Grade: </b>
<b>Quarter Effort: </b>
For creating hyperlinks:
<a href="http://asij.dyndns.org:8000/ep/4">This is a link</a> shows up as
This is a link.